Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli
So here's my truth in its rawest form....

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

This girl

I thought those were my eyes
But at second glance I can’t seem to recognize
They stare at me intently
And as hard as I try
I simply can’t turn away
Tricky, tricky mirror
What have you done to me?
The candle’s flickering light
                Makes the shadows dance
This girl is staring at me
She’s fighting so hard to get out

This morning was the same as last
The routine has not been broken
But something’s just not clicking
And I feel like I’m disappearing

Breaking free and running wild
She will not hide
I may not want her to
This raw awakening is uncontrollable
I’m lost in its lust
I love this temptation
I won’t let it go
I think it’s time to embrace it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your thoughts, share your words!