Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli
So here's my truth in its rawest form....

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Facade

Doesn't your mask get heavy?
Must be hard to keep it all straight
Your "exaggerated truths"
Who am I talking to today?
Don't like this version either anyway
Are you tired yet?
Because you exhaust me
And my half smile is starting to match yours
The sound of your voice makes me sad
Your eyes look desperate
For a second you almost got me
But you're still a jerk
You're not ready anyway
My fingers can't smooth the creases that line your brow
So I won't reach out
           Or get pulled in
                       I'll lay low
Even if you shed the veil I wouldn't know who you are
Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your thoughts, share your words!