Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli
So here's my truth in its rawest form....

Monday, August 7, 2006

Surrender

These thoughts are never ending
Intrusive and rude
They speak to me in volumes
And I, unable to control them, am left to endure
It's like a slow ticking
. . .
no mater how far I run
Still, it follow
This taunting becomes a game
And I'm losing
Losing control
Losing what little insight I gained

And without notice I fall
Trapped in these thoughts
Thoughts that start making sense

I have long prayed for strength
Expectant of what was to come
And even with time I wasn't ready
It's hard to fight your demons
When you can't find a way to let them go

Around me they swim
Til I can't take anymore
I'll play your little game for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your thoughts, share your words!