Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli
So here's my truth in its rawest form....

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hey there self proclaimed beauty queen

I look at your life and I see who you are
The triumphs you claim are nothing more than meaningless trophies
That you too proudly display
They're starting to dull
Maybe you'll see it too
But you're naive in this way, so I know you won't
My head remains high
I won't be infected by you
Or your words
What used to sting can touch me no longer
I looked past those shallow eyes
And tried to understand your clouded soul
Not everyone can be saved
You're simply okay with the status quo
I can accept that now
Dig a little deeper and break free
But understand something:
I don't hate you... I pity you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your thoughts, share your words!