Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli
So here's my truth in its rawest form....

Sunday, November 3, 2013

The End

I grate my feet on broken glass leaving a ruby path
A swirl of dust pushes me back
Blinding me as I claw through the air
It's heavy and stings my eyes

Sway, sway with me
Let this current pull us away
But the ripples tear piece by piece
Until all that remains is horridly raw
Unfiltered and crude
It shrinks me, swallows me whole
And then spits me back out
In the early afternoon sun
Where I lay to waste
My insides scraped hollow and left to rot

Yet the noise of the world goes on
The busy people with important things to do go by
The move in taxis and walk their dogs
There's only one inevitable truth:
In the end, life goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your thoughts, share your words!