Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli
So here's my truth in its rawest form....

Thursday, May 23, 2013

He is more myself than I am

I'll go back on the things I believe
Abandon all common sense and logical thought
I'll hush the quiet voices
Drown them out with a soft melody
The rushing and spinning around me slows
Because when I'm standing there with you I don't hear all the noise
Just the sound of the rain
Even my laughter is foreign to me
Maybe you bring out the real me
I like her
She gives freely and dances in the rain
Jumps in fountains and sings on the top of her lungs
I'm only her with you
And when you're gone the blurry fog returns
And the streaks of dizzy returns
And so my day just goes on
I already miss the freedom you gave me
You'll be a hard act to follow, sir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your thoughts, share your words!