Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth. ~Benjamin Disraeli
So here's my truth in its rawest form....

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'll pretend you didn't say that...

I hate your logic
And the fact that it actually makes sense
Truth is absolute
And so very cruel
It has a thickness that lays pregnant all around me
Almost inviting
And completely entrancing
I'm drunk off of you
I can't shake your words
And am desperate to hear more
My comfort. My tragedy.
The silk runs through me
You paint a pretty facade
But I see through it
And still look the other way
For just a minute I forgot everything
I am bound to nothing
Not quite free though
But I try to overlook that too
The moment passes too quickly
And you overwhelm me
I can't remember why I'm running
That charm of yours is a gift
All the lines are hazy
And I'm just too weak to fight
I don't pretend to understand you
Although I try to in vain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your thoughts, share your words!